Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who Me? Really? Me? You Really Really Mean It?

When I started blogging late last year, my main motivation was to record and capture in words my experience as a mother, my relationship with my daughter, and my observations about the person
Emmy is, even as a tiny tot. I never intended for blogging to be a venue through which I would make new friends, even though that is sort of par for the course when it comes to using social media.
But I have truly been floored by the wonderful people I have met through blogging. Whether through online blogger forums, such as Blogher, or through miscellaneous blogging happenstance, I've been able to make fast friends with many amazing individuals. It's been incredibly rewarding.
And now, one of my bloggy buddies, Isabel Anders has been so kind as to bestow a blog award upon me. So cool! And in the kind and generous spirit in which it was given, I will gladly share the award with other bloggers whom I adore.



As a recipient of this award, I agree to:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to me and share the link back to her awarding blog.  [See above.]
2. Name five fabulous moments in my life.
3. Name five things that I love.
4. Name five things that I hate.
5. Pass the award on to five deserving bloggers.

My five fabulous moments (in no particular order):
Going apple picking with my husband on our first unofficial date, and feeling myself falling madly in love during the course of one afternoon. Totally remember it like it was yesterday.
Winning an award as a graduating student in painting at the Rhode Island School of Design.
Giving birth to my daughter (and really every amazing mommy moment ever since)
My wedding day (hello, obvious!)
Finding out I was preggers with baby number two! And then finding out it is a boy!

Five things I love:
My family (near, far, immediate, and extended)
Ketchup (don't judge)
Inspiring artwork (see my pinterest page for details)
Kisses (especially from the hubby)
Walks in the woods... or on the beach... or up a mountain... or around the neighborhood at twilight...

Five things I hate:
People checking their phones CONSTANTLY while socializing with other people (unless they are ACTUALLY brain surgeons, or the president or something else super duper important... )
Driving in bad weather (I'm not good at driving in good weather, so you can only imagine...)
Really really long winters
Student loans
Illnesses of all sorts

Five deserving bloggers to whom I pass on this award:
My dear friend at http://bakinginmybathingsuit.wordpress.com/
The totally inspiring mama at http://thismummaslife.com/
The always honest, very brilliant woman behind http://www.thelainelist.com/
My cousin, an unbelievable blogger, at http://metalia.blogspot.com/
Sarah Knight, one of the super writers at http://www.mamasagainstdrama.com/

There are lots of others, but that's at least a start!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly lady. Of COURSE you are on my most beloved bloggers list. Hoping your summer is going well, and that you are busy helping other bloggers make their blogs super beautiful. :)
      d

      Delete
  2. Answers soon to follow. :)
    Hugs and Kisses.

    ReplyDelete