Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Letter to Monkey, My Beautiful Boy


Dear Monkey:

In about 4 months, if all goes well and according to our plans and hopes, you will be born into this world and into our family. I am a very very excited mama. I just can’t wait to meet you and hold you in my arms.

You seem to have quite a bit of energy! You move your little body around inside me all the time, and make your presence known (especially when I am sitting on the couch at night). From the sonograms I have seen so far, you really like rolling around, and waving your hands in the air, and kicking your feet a whole lot. I think you are really going to keep dada and me on our toes!

Your sister, Emmy, doesn’t quite seem to understand that you will be joining our family. I try to tell her that you are hiding in my belly, or sleeping inside me, but I know it is hard for her to really realize you are in there when she can’t see you. Sometimes she does try to share her pacifier with you, through my belly button. From the way she treats her favorite bears and other animals with so much love, I am sure she is going to be an incredible sister. I think she will want to hold you and kiss you all the time, and I am certain she will enjoy singing songs to you, like Twinkle Twinkle and the Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Every night, before you go to bed, I plan to sing you one of MY favorite songs, called Beautiful Boy by John Lennon. Probably, if I sing it to you enough times, you will know the words by heart. My hope is that if I sing it to you enough times, you will also know the words IN your heart, and will always know how very much you are loved.

I love you, even now, with all my heart.

Beautiful Boy - by John Lennon

Close your eyes
Have no fear
The monster's gone
He's on the run and your daddy's (mama’s) here 

[Chorus:]
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy 

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better 

[Chorus]

Out on the ocean sailing away
I can hardly wait
To see you come of age
But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
'Cause it's a long way to go
A hard row to hoe
Yes it's a long way to go
But in the meantime 

Before you cross the street
Take my hand
Life is what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans 

[Chorus]

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better 

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Darling, darling, darling


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter! And I can't help but laugh at the image of Em trying to share her paci through your belly button. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love. Last night Em gave kisses through my belly button, and said the baby was sleeping. The whole brother/sister relationship is already starting! :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cool that you wrote that letter. You should print it out and frame it. Very awesome!

    Stopping by from Two in Diapers hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. Look forward to reading your blog ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, and for stopping by. I will certainly do the same! I look forward to reading your blog as well (love the name)!

      And thank you for the idea about printing and framing this letter - I think I will do just that! :)

      d

      Delete
  3. Stoppying by from the Mommy Brain Mixer---what an adorable post! Thanks for sharing:) Hope you check out The Chirping Moms for lots of great posts and giveaways everyday this week for our "Baby Week"!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie. I look forward to reading and following your blog as well!
      d

      Delete
  4. That is absolutely the sweetest, friend! I love it! I'm so glad you linked up to the Mixer and I hope to see you again on Thursday! Also, come on by and enter to win a super adorable Thirty-One bag or some awesome discounts on a Thirty-One order! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. You'll definitely see me at the next mixer (I've joined a number of great blogs as a result of the last one) :)And sure, I'll throw my hat in the ring for the bag, too. :)

      Delete