Thursday, January 26, 2012

Siskel and Ebert-ing the Future

When I watch a wonderful movie these days, or remember a movie I used to love watching as a kid, I daydream about future family movie nights, curling up on the couch with Em tucked comfortably between me and C, with a bucket of homemade popcorn for us all to share. I've already started composing a "short list" of the movies I hope Emmy loves as much as I do. The age-appropriateness of the films varies quite a bit, but there are some that I hope we will be able to revisit at different ages, as Em's sense of humor and understanding of the world develops.

I'm sure I will have lots more to add, but here is my starting list. Feel free to make your own suggestions!

  • The Dark Crystal
  • Despicable Me
  • The Iron Giant
  • E.T.
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • The Little Mermaid
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • The Muppet Movie (the original)
  • The Music Man (the original)
  • Never Ending Story
  • The Secret of Nimh
  • All Dogs Go To Heaven
  • Up
  • Paper Moon
  • Savannah Smiles
  • The entire Faerie Tale Theater television series - I wish they would re-broadcast this amazing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment